We are a blessed family but have a couple of things- and if you know me very well you know what the main one is-- that have been holding me up... selling the house and building on our land that we have had for a while... It has really been a struggle for me... I know God has a plan for me.. but I really struggled because I didn't know what exactly He had lined up for me and me being me... I wanted it to fit into MY plan... Now most recently... I was really trying hard to focus on positive and just stop being in self inflicted limbo... so, more or less I just threw up my hands... and said odds are we will sell the house but I am done holding off on things until that happens... and wonders of wonders... it happened!!
Thanks to the fabulous realtor John Blackwell... we sold the house and closed on it all in a matter of one month (whew!! I am still not completely recovered!) and have closed on our construction loan now and should be breaking ground soon on my forever house... I will try and do better about posting here progress on the house as it comes..
But just a couple of things that I hope I can learn from this journey... I really, really hope that I can learn from this to trust in God.. He really does have a plan... Some days I did better than others... but through this I really kept the lines open talking to God at all hours, and in many different ways... prayers, praise and songs... I just kept thinking about my favorite Bible verse through all of this... Proverbs 20:24...
There is a little bit of weird sadness with me too... Any of you who know me, know that I don't get sentimental about much... and no, I am not going to tell you that I walked through the house crying about all of the memories we had there... but as I was driving off from that house I did hope that somehow if it might be similar to how I may feel when I am leaving Earth and heading to heaven.... so happy for all of the memories that I have had in the house.. bringing Carter home from the hospital and watching him grow, the excitement Clint and I had when we bought the house as newly married kids... but so excited about where I am headed...
More happiness to come- but it is great to know that I don't need to worry about being in control because He has it all taken care of!
No comments:
Post a Comment